Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Half marathon training

I was so excited about the 4th of July that I woke up at 5 AM. Actually, it's because I'm jet lagged. I went to bed at 6PM the night before... fun.

But since I was up, I figured what better time than to kick off my official training for the half marathon I'm doing on October 8.

I've trained for marathons twice before, and both times I had to stop due to injury. This time I'm training for a half marathon, and my muscles are stronger than they were during my last attempt, so I'm have high hopes that I can complete the program.

I've been running off and on for awhile now, so I kicked off the training with a 4 mile run. Not bad. I have 13 weeks to get up to running 13.1 miles. Definitely do-able!

1 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great!! I'm only up to walking 3 miles!!! It's tough!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home