Sunday, August 27, 2006

Jury duty

I spent the last week on call for jury duty, was finally called in Friday, then dismissed Friday afternoon when the case I was assigned to was settled before juror selection really began.

It's pretty easy to point out the problems with jury duty, but for all its problems, it does seem like there are good intentions behind the system.

However, there's one thing about my service that was too ridiculous not to mention. When I first got there, I had to watch a video in the waiting room. The video began something like this:

"California. The best state in the nation. With natural parks, beautiful cities, blah blah blah. But sometimes... it's not so great. And sometimes... there's crime."

It was really hard not to laugh at how cheesy the video's introduction was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home