Thursday, September 21, 2006

I'm now a Lost geek

I played the role of a Lost geek on Wednesday. I went to the Acura RDX tour. But I wasn't there to see the car, or to try to win the prizes. I didn't register for a chance at a VIP pass for free beer, food, and wine. I was there on a simple mission, to pick up an Apollo Bar.

A free candy bar? But it's more... the Apollo Bar is the fictional candy bar that is consumed in the TV show Lost. But even more than that, it's part of the alternate reality game called The Lost Experience.

The Lost Experience started out pretty cool. It started out with a bunch of information about The Hanso Foundation, the fictional organization in Lost. Clues were released a few times a week, and if you solved the clues, you learned more about the foundation and a little bit more about the show. I never solved any clues on my own, I always relied on the numerous blogs that provided tips on how to solve the clues, such as this one. However, I didn't get in to the second and third "episodes" of the Lost Experience, though for anyone who wants to see one of the major things it led up to, you can check out this video.

The concept of an alternate reality game is pretty interesting. It's fun to submerge yourself into this type of universe. I suspect that we'll see more of this type of marketing as time goes one and people get better about making it more accessible.

But the big question now is, do I eat the Apollo Bar, or do I save it and sell it on E-bay? I think they are going for around $5 right now...

It is dark chocolate though, which I prefer over milk chocolate, so I might just have to eat it soon.

1 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give Jericho a try. It has potential similar to Lost.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home